8 Hour Hazwoper Refresher Training
Online HAZWOPER 8 Hour Annual Refresher
8 Hour HAZWOPER Training – Refresher Course
The 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher course was created as an annual requirement by OSHA to ensure that all professionals working in fields dealing with hazardous materials are kept up to date on any and all changes that may come about affecting their work.
This online 8 Hour HAZWOPER Refresher training course meets OSHA requirements for annual training for employers and employees who are already working in their respective field and only need the 8 hour refresher course.
The online 8 Hour, OSHA certified, HAZWOPER Refresher course will cover 9 sections (mentioned below) that deal with the dangers and hazards that you may encounted working on a hazardous waste site. Along with discussing the dangers and hazards involved with Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) the 8 hour refresher course will also go over OSHA regulations and requirements associated with hazardous waste, summarize site characterization, review personal protective equipment (PPE), explain the principles of decontamination and much more.
Upon completion of the 8 Hour online HAZWOPER course, you should be able to feel comfortable and safe while working on a hazardous waste site.
This course meets the requirements outlined in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 for 8 (eight) hours of annual refresher training for workers at hazardous waste sites. This course is designed for general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of completion.
Who should take this course?
This course is designed as an annual refresher for those certified either in 40 hr or 24 hr HAZWOPER. This course is designed for general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards.
This online course covers the following topics:
- Lesson 1: Regulation Overview
- Lesson 2: Hazard Recognition
- Lesson 3: Site Characterization, Analysis, and Control
- Lesson 4: Toxicology
- Lesson 5: Medical Surveillance
- Lesson 6: Safe Work Practices and PPE
- Lesson 7: Decontamination
- Lesson 8: Chemical Awareness
- Lesson 9: Emergency Procedures
HAZWOPER Training Objectives
- Be able to read and understand OSHA Hazwoper regulations and requirements
- Use Site Characterization to identify hazards found in the workplace and steps to be taken to minimize hazards
- Better understand the principles of toxicology and how they relate to various types of chemical exposures
- Develop a Medical Surveillance Program and understand its purpose
- Identify the uses for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to choose the correct PPE for a situation
- Understand the principles of decontamination as well as levels of decontamination and decontamination methods
- Have a better understanding of potentially hazardous situations involving corrosives, solvents, oxidizers, and reactive chemicals
- Understand the various considerations in an emergency and the importance of training and actions to personal safety and the safety of others